4.12.10

I Walked.

It has been nearly a month since I last blogged about anything. This is partly because when I don't have anything to say, I don't, and also partly because life has been off the wall crazy. I'm going to be straight with you, I'm a runner, in every sense of the word. I literally run, it's a huge part of me and without it i've learned something inside of me goes severely haywire. And right now I'm between two seasons and I'm taking some time off, and it's driving me bonkers. Running infiltrates all ares of my life, I don't stop, I don't slow down, I run.
This morning however, I walked. I got a cup of coffee, plugged in the i-pod with some good Phil Wickham pandora, and walked through the neighborhoods by my school, slowly, leisurely, enjoyably. And it soothed my soul, calmed my spirit, and forced me to notice things I never would have had I been running. I saw a mom with her daughter trimming their christmas tree with lights and ribbons, I looked to my left and saw the expansive ocean and to my right I saw the far off buildings of downtown San Diego against a mountain background, and I thought in solitude, in peace, within this slow pace I had chosen. And when I finished I felt full, thankful, and refreshed because I had taken the time to slow, to simply walk, appreciate, and be reminded of the importance of being still and simply knowing that He is God of all.
Remember...breathe. slow.walk.

1 comment:

  1. That is so beautiful, Ang.
    Tara Loo Freebush. :)

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones