11.7.10

Christmas in July

Why is it that as we grow older the little things in life lose their luster? I mean, I'm only 19, but because my job forces me to be around little kids all day i forget how exciting the little things used to be. It's incredible to me the amount of joy a green popsicle, or a ladybug, or merely a hug can bring little ones.
Well, this week I experienced a small piece of that joy, I call it my Christmas in July. On Thursday my baby was delivered...on my front door step, by mail, don't worry it's not that time yet mom :). My baby Nikon d3000 arrived and I was like a giddy 6 year old waiting to open presents on Christmas morning. Ever since it arrived i've caught this disease that causes me to experience the symptom of obsessive photographing. I literally want to take pictures of everything and my friends roll their eyes at me as I pause to snap a quick picture of the cupcake perched on the tiered plate display, but I don't care because, well, it's just so much fun! I really have no clue what I'm doing, but I'm learning, and hopefully that learning will turn into knowing and my little Nikon d3000 will be used the way it was meant to be.
Here's a few snapshots of my weekend seen through a new lens:







No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones