5.9.10

If I could...

If I could spend a day in one place, just because, I would either choose farmers market or a cozy coffee shop. There are some things that just draw me to them, and farmer's markets and coffee shops just get me. I adore them. This week was a good week because I tried a new one of each.
The other night I went to Cafe Bassam in downtown San Diego and let me tell you I felt about 10x more sophisticated and trendy the second I walked into that place. It was bustling and high energy even at 9:30 on a Thursday night. I found myself surrounded by slouchy couches, rickety antique tables and chairs, elegant light fixtures, and many spectacled, ridiculously cultured customers reading their books, sipping their tea, and pouring over their newspapers. I scoured the place for a seat for a good 5 minutes, probably looking like the out of place idiot that I was, and finally found an empty couch. The mocha I ordered was divine; so creamy and decadent with whipped cream and cocoa sprinkled on top all served in a perfect little ceramic mug. Don't ask me why, but coffee always tastes better out of a ceramic mug.


And there are farmer's markets, the most amazing of which I attended yesterday on a "roomie date" with Hayley and Lauren. Every Saturday morning in Little Italy there is a mercato full of incredible fresh treats that extend the the length of Date Street which ends in a beautiful view of the San Diego harbor. It was perfect weather and the atmosphere felt so amazingly refreshing. I'm pretty sure that I sampled almost everything that I could get my hands and more. There was one stand with homemade pesto and let me tell you, you haven't lived until you try this stand's sun-dried tomato pesto, it was delicious. Next time we go i'm getting some to go along with my other purchase, homemade pasta. I tried my first fig, ate the biggest organic apple in the world, saw a dog with shoes, and ate my weight in free bread and hummus. Needless to say, i'll be back very soon, perhaps next saturday? Here are some shots from the market:









1 comment:

  1. Love it Ang!!! The pictures of you and the girls are adorable, especially the one of Lauren with the huge apple! Her eyes are so pretty!!! And the dog in booties...speechless. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones